2011 HOMEWORK SCHEDULE
Each homework assignment is due at the BEGINNING of the class period on the following due dates:
Crossword Puzzle Topic
(copy to the correct assignment)
|Extra Credit||SCIENTIFIC.METHOD||scimethd.htm||Monday, January 24, 2011|
|1||MINERALS.1||homewk01.htm||Wednesday, January 26 , 2011|
|2||ROCKS.2||homewk02.htm||Monday, January 31, 2011|
|3||GROUNDWATER.3 - Click for FREE puzzle clues!||homewk03.htm||Wednesday, February 16, 2011|
|4||GLACIERS.4||homewk04.htm||Wednesday, February 23 2011|
|5||VOLCANOES.5||homewk05.htm||Wednesday, March 2, 2011|
|6||EARTHQUAKES.6||homewk06.htm||Monday, March 21, 2011|
|7||PLATE TECTONICS.7||homewk07.htm||Wednesday, March 23, 2011|
|8||GEOLOGIC TIME.8||homewk08.htm||Monday, March 28, 2011|
|9||OCEANOGRAPHY.9||homewk09.htm||Monday, April 18, 2011|
WEATHER.10B (both puzzles must be turned in as a single assignment)
|homewk10.htm||Monday, May 2, 2011|
2. Homework assignments are collected promptly at the beginning of the class period on their respective due dates. Given this much advance notice, if your homework is turned in late for any reason (absences included), a late penalty of 5 points is assessed. If you are absent from class often, you are therefore advised to try to turn in homework early. Any homework over 1 week past due will receive a score of zero.
3. Early-Bird Bonus! If you hand in a completed homework assignment at least one day before it is due, you may earn up to 5 extra points (up to 50 total bonus points towards your final class grade). Your homework must be turned in at least one day early to earn the extra credit. You may do any of the following: 1) hand in the assignment during the preceding class date, 2) drop it off at least one day early at the Faculty Support Office, Room B206; they must date stamp your homework, or 3) FAX your homework assignment at least one day before the due date to the Oakton Skokie Campus Faculty Support Office at (847) 635-1496 - be sure to address it to "W. Tong, Room B206 - Faculty Support." (Faxed assignments must be legible, or they won't be graded.)
2. Use pencil, not pen or magic marker, to fill in the crossword puzzles. Avoid scratch-outs/liquid paper.
3. Don't use wild guesses or "creative" (that is, deliberately incorrect) spelling to try to fit in a word.
4. Your instructor will attempt to grade and return your homework as promptly as possible. However, it is a good idea to photocopy your crosswords before handing them in while studying for your exams.